National Novel Writing Month

Mr Wilde, because he is so fabulously amazing and sexy, reminded me about NaNoWriMo. I've been signed up to the site since early this year when I first began getting really into my novel. It starts on Novemeber the 1st and I'm going to do it, I'm going to write 50k words in that month.

However, it says that you should start something from scratch and not use anything previously written because you are too invested in the characters to just write. I most certainly don't feel like that about my novel. It's got a great storyline and is currently 25k words but I'm just not feeling it. I think being /forced/ to write 50k will kickstart the muse once again. I also think that another 50k and I'll be nearing the end of the story.

I definitely think it would benefit me more to continue this story rather than start something from scratch. All of my four novel ideas - bar one, sort of - are over 8k now. I've been on a writing frenzy recently. If it inspires me then I will be able to write reams and reams. It's lovely. Touch wood I won't be getting writers block again any time soon.

So there we have it. When I emerge into December I'll be 50,000 words lighter, a great deal more anti-social and it's likely I'll have some sort of agrophobia from being cooped up in my house just writing.

Ideally I'd need to write 2,000 words a day. I can easily manage 1,000 as that's what I write at the moment. It'll be an interesting push to write 2k, I'll have to write at home rather than work! Or both.

Bring it on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Think about what you are going to say. Praise and sympathy always welcomed. Trolls are only fun if they are witty.