Finishing NaNo

The last 7000 words did not come easily at all and it was a two day push to finish. Five thousand words in one night and I was weeping by the end of it. I wrote three awful scenes. Now, bear in mind that this is a post-apocalyptic thriller, there was music, weeping, sneaking around, stealing, inappropriate hugging and a revelation or 20,000.

I suppose it doesn't matter, the point is that I won NaNo and I feel great for it. But I don't see this story going anywhere, I was so set on it being my big break into the writing world but now that I'm nearing the end I hate it.

It's going to be a while before I finish it, I just need to move on, write different stuff, pay attention to characters I know a lot better. I don't think NaNo was a mistake because I've proved to myself that I can write great amounts and it helped to further a rather flimsy storyline. Before I let the whole thing commit suicide I will finish it but I can't see it having a happy ending for my character and that depresses me.

I'm way too emotionally invested in this story at the moment to write what needs to be written. Just having my MC weep uncontrollably was hard enough. The things that are going to happen to her next are going to be super hard to write.

Anyway, enough of my babblings.

I won NaNoWriMo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Think about what you are going to say. Praise and sympathy always welcomed. Trolls are only fun if they are witty.